Information Technology Department
Welcome to the I.T. Department!
The Information Technology Department oversees many services and products across the district, in support of teaching, learning, communication, and internal business processes.
What we do impacts the work and lives of every student, staff, and administrator in the district each and every day!
- Education Technology Specialists at each school help teachers integrate technology into the curriculum
- ITS Technicians configure machines, troubleshoot, and repair technology issues across the district
- the Network Team provides user account management, Internet connectivity, email capability, filtering and permission settings to insure CIPA and FERPA compliance, software installations and updates, network infrastructure, wireless access, server storage and backup, as well as Data Center maintenance, support and protection
- Web Services Coordinator provides intranet and internet resources, working closely with web coordinators at each school and the district office staff
- Telecom Technicians support all telephones, cabling, intercom, and clock/bells, as well as fire and instrusion alarms support
- Data Team members support PowerSchool (student information system) and alio (HR/Finance data) and assist with other database systems and interfaces. They process all state and federal reporting and provide a plethora of data extracts and reports for the entire district.
- Hardware equipment inventory, ordering, disposal, and refresh plans for computer desktops, laptops, printers, interactive whiteboards, projectors, document cameras, classroom response systems, servers, switches, etc.
- Purchase, installation and maintenance of software for educational use including MS Office, Safari Montage Multi-Media Lessons, Smart Notebook interactive software, LANSchool computer lab management, TIPS Textbook Inventory, Alexandria Library Management System, Adobe Creative Suite, AirWatch Mobile Device Management, Print Manager, etc.
- Copier Leasing Contract as well as all Communication bills (telephone, fax, and internet/data) for the entire district
- A vital and integral part of the PARCC Testing preparation and implementation
I.T. Announcements & News
How to Integrate Technology without Losing Your Mind
What is an Educational Technology Specialist
Ed Techs provide technology professional development and support to staff (individuals, small groups, entire facilities, and administration) with emphasis on the integration of technology into the curriculum in both classroom and lab settings with the goal of improving student achievement. The emphasis is on the use of technology as a learning tool. Ed Techs also coordinate and manage the use of technology to facilitate the collection, analysis, and processing of critical student assessment data.
Internet Safety Curriculum
To help your children stay safe online, Rio Rancho Public Schools is using Common Sense Education- This curriculum empowers students to think critically, behave safely, and participate responsibly in our digital world.
Click here for more information on our Internet Safety Presentations in the schools.
Feedback from one of the schools- "One of my 2nd grade
teachers came to me and told me how much she loved the Cyber Safety lesson. She said it was grade level appropriate, prompted good discussion in her class, and she hopes our district continues the scaffolding concept in the future."
resources for your family, please visit www.commonsensemedia.org
. (Family guides, parent concerns, videos, education, etc)
FBI Cyber Site
- Fun games and information for children and parents. https://sos.fbi.gov
Network Security- Click here to view & download vital information about Network Security.
Need to Create a PowerSchool Parent Account?
ALL families are asked to create a single parent account (if you haven't already) on PowerSchool
. Click this link to access more information
Additional I.T. Instructional Resources
Home: 505-896-0667 x51117
Business: 505-994-0575 Fax